So you are not a fan of giant pies? No problem here! We have compiled an extensive list of Thanksgiving desserts (Which are not a pie), so that there will be something sweet for everyone.
Thanksgiving desserts that are not pie
Okay I’ll just say this, I do not really like pie. I know we had a whole pie week and we have a bunch of pies on site, but when it really comes down to it, I would choose a cake or cookie on a pie every day. Obviously there will be a pie on Thanksgiving desserts spread, but you can also load up on this table tons of other non-pie Thanksgiving desserts. If you’re a host, it can be nice for variety, or if you’re bringing a dessert you can probably assume it’s a pie, so why not bring something unique?
We’ve put together our favorites for you to give you some seasonal candy ideas!
What other types of desserts can you serve for Thanksgiving?
I know that when we think of Thanksgiving desserts, a pie is probably the pie that comes to mind, but there are so many more delicious desserts that you can whip up to end the celebration of all the holidays in a sweet tone. If you choose the right seasonal flavors, almost any form of dessert can be ideal for Thanksgiving.
Our favorite Thanksgiving flavors
So, what flavors are suitable for Thanksgiving dessert spread? This is a busy question, because I personally feel that every taste is the right taste if you like it; However, some flavors are a little more nostalgic and seasonal so they will blend in seamlessly with the pie spread. Some of our favorite flavors for the holiday are:
- White chocolate
Remember these are just suggestions, and you can indulge in all your favorite desserts!
- Pumpkin Struisel Cake: Leave aside everyday cake, a Milk Bar-style pumpkin streusel cake is about to seduce your taste buds. Made with layers of moist pumpkin pie, buttery cinnamon sugar streusel, and a dreamy cream cheese icing, this fall cake is sure to be a favorite.
- Caramel cake: This decadent caramel cake is moist, buttery and the salty-sweet treat of your dreams. Made with homemade caramel, the best vanilla cake ever and airy vanilla buttercream!
- Apple cider donut bundet cake: Take all your favorite flavors of apple cider donut and turn them into a light bundle cake. This apple cider package cake is delicate, moist, seasoned to perfection and coated in buttery cinnamon sugar for the ultimate fall treat.
- Chocolate turtle cake: All your favorite flavors of sticky chocolate turtle in the shape of a cake! This chocolate turtle cake is the perfect decadent layer cake for all caramel chocolate lovers out there.
- Classic cheesecake: Let’s talk cheesecake. About how is this, like, the best dessert ever ?! This classic cheesecake recipe makes a flawless dream cheesecake every time again!
- Cheesecake and pumpkin: Meet your favorite Thanksgiving dessert: pumpkin cheesecake. You will love this delicious pumpkin cheesecake with a buttery ginger crust, a light whipped cream icing and a drizzle of salted caramel. Drool.
- Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Snacks: These soft pumpkin cookies with a dreamy salty maple icing are the perfect fall cookie to whip up this weekend. You will love these maple pumpkin cookies for all your pumpkin baking needs.
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Snacks: Dreamy white chocolate raspberry shortcake snacks are your calling! Made with melted white chocolate and thick ribbons of delicious raspberry jam, you will love these light cheesecake snacks!
- Cinnamon roll apple shoemaker: Assemble the two best things in the world (apple pie and cinnamon rolls. Dewa.) For the most delicious apple cobbler with a roll of cinnamon. You will love this light apple dessert all fall!
- White Chocolate Maple Pecan Cookies: Release your inner cookie monster because the white chocolate maple pecan cookies are super soft and these chews call your name. These fall cookies are loaded with toasted pecans, pools of white chocolate and some maple extract for the ultimate salty-sweet treat.
- Homemade oatmeal pie: Take yourself back to your childhood with these homemade oatmeal cakes! These soft and chewy oatmeal sandwich cookies taste just like little Debbie’s original!
- Soft pumpkin cookies with maple icing: These may be my favorite cookies on the blog and you know they’re about to be on the Thanksgiving table this year.
- Raisin cookies with brown butter: If a really good hug could be a cookie, it would be a raisin cookie made from oatmeal with brown butter. It is soft, delicate, warm, pleasant and incredibly sweet. In other words: you need these cookies.
- Molasses cookies stuffed with marshmallows: Introducing Santa’s new molasses cookie: AKA stuffed marshmallow cookies AKA Soft spicy molasses cookies and pulp stuffed with sticky and toasted marshmallows. Everyone will love these festive cookies throughout the holiday season.
- Caramel chocolate bread: Every box of Christmas cookies needs butter and butter. More specifically, a soft bread snack soaked in caramel and chocolate. It’s decadent, salty-sweet, chocolatey and perfect for sharing with friends and family this holiday season!
Brownies and Thanksgiving bars
- Maple Chai Blondes: The chewy blondes of the Chai Maple are seasoned to perfection and topped with a salty-sweet maple glaze that you will want to drip on everything. Made in just one bowl (no need for a mixer!) This blondie chai recipe is the ultimate easy treat to celebrate pleasant fall flavors!
- Ginger Redhead Molasses Blondes: Celebrate the ginger season with the fun and festive blondes of Ginger Molsa. Added cinnamon sugar and a drizzle of white chocolate for the ultimate holiday blond recipe!
- Pecan Brownies Pie: Add a little chocolate to your classic Thanksgiving dessert with these pecan brownies. They are fried, nutty, and the perfect decadent treat to whip up for the holidays.
- While chocolate maple blondes nuts: Introducing the best thing we’ve made all year: maple white chocolate pecan blondes. This salty-sweet maple delicacy is chewy, soft and super easy to make!
Sweet Breads for Thanksgiving
- Pecan caramel sticky rolls: These soft and buttery cinnamon buns that finished with a pampering caramel pecan praline coating are the ultimate breakfast treat for the holiday. I mean … you can’t have a bad day when it starts with sticky pecan caramel rolls!
- Cinnamon Pumpkin Spice Rolls: Pumpkin soft and soft cinnamon rolls with a perfectly seasoned pumpkin filling are what autumn dreams are made of.
- Rum Raisins Pudding: Looking for a way to take advantage of those old croissants or musty brioche? Introduction to Raisin Bread Pudding: A sweet, buttery and delicious treat perfect for filling the stomach throughout the fall and winter!
We hope you enjoy all the Thanksgiving desserts this year!