Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies These were an experiment that turned out amazing! Mom was in the kitchen and just thought.. “let’s try this” and she did and they might be one of the best brownies we’ve ever made!
What makes these chocolate peanut butter brownies?
Well it’s just that.. these brownies have all the ingredients, including marshmallows. It’s a wild combination but it just works. The butter chips add so much to the texture and then add the marshmallows. Mom really outdid herself with this one!
Let’s look at the ingredients:
Yes.. these brownies start with brownie mix.. which is really what makes them so much fun! You start with the mix and just add so many great ingredients to take this brownie mix to a whole new level.
- Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Premium Brownie Mix (Family Size)
- Kroger Roasted Peanuts and Honey Crunchy Peanut Butter (you can only use regular crunchy peanut butter)
- Chocolate chips
- Butter chips
- A miniature marshmallow
Now if these ingredients weren’t sticky enough.. we’re going to top them with frosting! It’s the best frosting and really completes these brownies. After the frosting we added chopped walnuts just for the pictures but you can just add the walnuts to the brownies.. that works too. !
- These brownies are best after the frosting has set so make them a few hours in advance.
- These are just as good the next day, so you can easily make them a day in advance.
- You can substitute pecans for the walnuts or leave the nuts off all together.
- We only made it with this brownie mix but I’m sure any brownie mix would work. You just want it to be a family size mix that fits 9×13.
“I made them for Christmas and wrapped them tightly and mailed them to my sister who lives in Arkansas. She shared them with our other sister and nieces. They said they were amazing. My niece asked if she could have the recipe. So I sent her some of your recipes and she loves them all. These are to die for…” – Wanda
Do you read our digital magazine, Life Porch Front? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content that is not on our site. Join thousands of other people today and start enjoying our magazine!
Chocolate peanut butter brownies
Brownies are delicious and super easy to make!
Dishes: 8 Dishes
- 1 Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Premium Brownie Mix box Family size for 9X13
- 2/3 Goblet Roasted peanuts and crunchy honey peanut butter You can only use regular crunchy peanut butter
- 1 Goblet Chocolate chips
- 1 Goblet Butter chips
- 1 Goblet Nut chips
- 2 cups A miniature marshmallow
Brownie coating or side dish:
- 2 spoons cocoa
- 2 spoons milk
- 3 spoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla flavor
- 1 1/3 cups Confectioners sugar
Prepare the brownie mixture according to the package instructions for fudge brownies. Spread the mixture in the bottom of a 9 x 13 dish sprayed with cooking spray. Melt the peanut butter in the microwave for about 40 seconds until spreadable.
Then spread on top of the brownie mixture. Then, spread chocolate chips, butter chips and walnuts on the peanut butter. Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Remove and add marshmallows and put back in the oven for 7 to 10 minutes to allow the marshmallows to start melting on top. Remove from oven and let cool, then add frosting.
Instructions for coating brownies:
Mix together cocoa, margarine, milk and vanilla with a mixer. Add sugar, mix well. If the coating is too thick to spread, add a little more milk. Spread over cooled brownies.
These are better after the coating has had time to set.
Don’t forget our eBooks! Each e-book is our collection The most popular recipes. You’ll have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of searching a database. You can purchase each eBook individually or buy the bundle.
Follow us at Instagram. © The Southern Lady Cooks images and text – all rights reserved. It is forbidden to copy, publish on other websites or make any other use without written permission from the copyright owner.